Website: Prof. Saragi's Homepage
Website: Health Communication Research Centre, Cardiff University
- Discourse analysis and applied linguistics
- Language and identity in public life
- institutional and professional discourse (e.g., health, social welfare, bureaucracy, education etc.)
- quality of life and risk communication in genetic counselling, HIV/AIDS, telemedicine, general practice and palliative care
- intercultural pragmatics
- racism and ethnicity in multicultural societies
- Sarangi, S. and Slembrouck, S. (1996) Language, Bureaucracy and Social Control. London: Longman.
- Sarangi, S. and Roberts, C. eds., (1999) Talk, Work and Institutional Order: Discourse in Medical, Mediation and Management Settings. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Sarangi, S. and Coulthard, M. eds., (2000) Discourse and Social Life. London: Pearson.
- Coupland, N., Sarangi, S. and Candlin, C. N. eds., (2001) Sociolinguistics and Social Theory. London: Pearson.
- Sarangi, S. and Candlin, C. N. eds. (2003) Categorisation and Explanation of Risk: A Discourse Analytical Perspective. Special issue of Health, Risk & Society 5, 2, 115-228.
- Hall, C., Slembrouck, S. and Sarangi, S. (2006) Language Practice in Social Work: Categorisation and Accountability in Child Welfare. London: Routledge.